Followers

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Beautiful Dahlia .

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky to have been picked as one of the winners  in the February challenge over at Penny Black & More my lovely gift was a £15 gift voucher from Stamp Addicts  I chose this beautiful Dahlia background stamp which is quite large and unmounted which I love. I did the distress ink resist technique , I love this technique stamping in versa mark and white embossing and then using your distress ink pad to blend over the top..  I cut myself  a tag with a metal die that I got from China,  i stamped Thank You onto my tag with versa mark ink pad then added white embossing powder and heat set it. The Thank You  stamp is from a very old set of stamps called Card Wishes and is from See-D’s stamps there’s 22 sentiment stamps in this set , I havnt used them in years. I inked a little ribbon bow the same colour distress ink pad I used on my background and added a love heart sequin to finish.

                                                       
The card underneath was made the same way but this time I just used a different colour, I cut a piece of white card to fit  across my image I stamped my sentiment again in versa mark added some white embossing powder and heat set it , this stamp is also from See-D’s stamps , I used my distress ink pad to cover the sentiment.

Challenges I am entering 

                         Spring Florals  pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com 


A.T.G colourcrazychallenge.blogspot.com 


Floral Focus daringcardmakers.blogspot.com




Spring florals sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com

20 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two beautiful cards.

Chris said...

Well done on your win, you've made great use of the fabulous stamp with these two gorgeous cards. It IS a lovely technique and your colours are beautiful.
xx

brenda said...

Lovely creativity as always with a great design and colours using your new stamp, thank for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge. Stay safe and well in these turbulent times.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on you win and love the beautiful embossed stamp-both great cards but really love the sentiment and colour on the second card
Carol x

Kathleen said...

Great choice of stamp for your prize, a really great creation, love the colours and design, two really fabulous creations.

Kath x

Claire said...

That is a great stamp and I love the two cards you've created with it, well done on your win :) x

Wendy said...

These are beautiful, congratulations on your win..stay safe xx

meg said...

What a beautiful background stamp you created two very different cards with it love the colours on the second

Leanne Harris said...

Two lovely floral creations - many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More Challenges xxxx

Sally H said...

A fabulous card for our March floral challenge at Stamping Sensations. Thanks for joining in and good luck!

Tammy said...

These cards are stunning Babs, gorgeous technique and flowers! Take care and stay safe.
Hugs, Tammy

Dawn said...

Congratulations on your win and stunning cards. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. xxx

pinky said...

Beautiful stamp and gorgeously showcased!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Diane said...

Two really lovely floral designs.

Hugs diane

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous set of cards, pretty background flowers x

EmmaT said...

Wonderful cards, a lovely stamp to pick with your prize. Keep safe. Emmax

Marjeta said...

Great cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Crazy.

Viv said...

Such beautiful cards, thanks for sharing one with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely cards Babs, just found your blog and am now following you, inspiration flows.xx

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Creative Crafters Challenge this time and good luck :)